Turbo V8

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Mon Aug 28 20:37:00 GMT 2000

Pick said turbo, hold at arms reach, and shake it for a while.  It takes a
stout manifold to support that weight.
Unless you going racing, no need for a twin set up.  You can go way faster
then the oem vette chassis was ever meant to go, with a single.  You'll get
real familiar with axle U-Joints.   Plan on some serious engine compartment
venting.
Bruce

    Ok, out of lurk mode for a bit. I was planning on trying a twin Turbo V8
on my vette in the not so near future. I plan to use the stock, short
headers
and leaving only a 180 Degree "J" tube and turbo flange to complete my head
to turbo plumbing. Does anybody see a problem with this?? Why get all crazy
and custom fab a whole header when theres so many companies making "shorty"
or "block hugger" headers??
   Justin,C4 Vette L98 TPI