Turbo V8

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Mon Aug 28 21:29:05 GMT 2000

????
Single is a heck of alot easier.
With that small of turbos, you'll have trouble trying to get to a lot less
then 6K, in my opinion.
Might just think about sliding a 86-87 Gn drivetrain in it.  All the
engineering is done, and it's just a matter of picking the parts you want to
run as fast as you want.
  Might just look around here:
  http://www.turbotechnologyinc.com/
Bruce

 Agreed. Twin is way to much. But much more easier than plumbing one turbo
on a V8 in my opinion. I plan on running very very small Turbos. Like off a
1.8L  4 cyl. or smaller stock vehicle. This is more of a curiosity
experonment then a race car. I want super fast spooling as i plan to make
this a torque monster and plan on no more then 6000rpm rev limit, to
optimize
the characteristics of the L98's TPI power band. I wish to achieve around
500hp ATRW for nothing more then just enuff rump to smoke C5's and run in
the
11 sec or so mark.

   I have done alot with engines but never like this, and thats why im on
this list. Trying to not only learn how to tune ECM's (anyone have Dia Com 4
sale??) but to convert NA ECM's to work with Forced Induction and NOS
systems...
   Justin(Rak'n the brain trying to absorb binary by osmosis)P