Turbo V8

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Tue Aug 29 19:34:00 GMT 2000

> the 1 bar MAP fault codes and
> install a 2 bar map.

You went right past the key.
In Australia, they use almost a carbon copy of the 165 as a 808 and it is
MAP.

>    My car is MAF there is no Map. So how complicated would a translater
be?? I have an Excellent GENERAL electronics knowledge. I can build small
ciruits like Voltage Reg's and power supplies.

Way past that.

>    How hard would it be to convert a Vette to a '749??

In the archives Dave Zug, and Mike Davis have sites about a 165 to 730
conversion, and the 749 is really close to a 730.

 Remember I joined these EFI lists because this kind of thing is very new to
me. I dont even have Dia-Com or equivelant yet. I do plan on tracking down
the Corky book and the other one you reccomended. Is there any books on
dis/reassembling and modifying code?? Can Dia-Com do this?? Sorry about
being such a rooky. TIA