Haltech (the bad word)

Rex Weatherford rexweatherford at home.com
Fri Dec 29 20:36:34 GMT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp at bright.net>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2000 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: Haltech (the bad word)

> If the ecm you want to piggy back to, expects a AFR correction read back
> from the O2, the whole idea crashes right there.  No hac, no way to stay
> closed loop, usually.

One more question along these lines..

If I used the Haltech to control the IAC, fuel injectors and spark, and took
away the 02 sensor from the GMECM it would go into an open loop or "Limp"
mode correct?  The MIL would come on. (which is no big deal)

Would all other systems work correctly?  AC, ABS, cooling fan (may be on
constantly?), tach, speed, gauges, warning lamps, etc.. (no cruise or other
automatic systems that I can think of are on my car)

Thanks!

Rex