85(870 ecm) open loop hac code

Zacek DenniS bowtye8 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 30 23:17:18 GMT 2000

I am working on a buds car. Right now I have a 7730 in
it for diagnosing, but his ecm is the 870:(
I have t okeep the car in open loop to get some work
done . For the 7730 I just set the open loop temp
enable to 225.(he has a 160 tstat and he fan are on at
180) so it will stay in open loop and run fine.
His problem is the o2 sensor. I was told RTV could
have killed it. Well I have athird O2 in it a heated
one at that.
The O2 is in the drivers side primary header tube with
full exhaust cat and all.
Its there a addy or I was thinking to set the TPS PE
enable really low. not shurew if it goes that low 0%
What other alternative do I have. beside a 7730
upgrade for his car right now.

=====
Dennis Zacek
http://geocities.com/bowtie8