Substitutions

Brent wildkat at paonline.com
Sun Dec 31 06:51:13 GMT 2000

>Brent wrote:
>>
>> The next easiest option is buying a 1227747 ecm.  You must cut pins C15
and
>> D15.
>
>Why cut the pins?  Did GM do something strange in the F-body like wiring
>the both injectors to both P+H outputs from the ECM?

The pin changes are second hand info.  I looked at the pinouts and found
that C15 & D15 show as not used on the 7747.  I don't know where those pins
lead in the 7747 if anywhere....
In the 8746 I see D16 & D15 wired together as are D14 & C15.   Why they are
linked that way I don't know.  I figured I should cut them to be safe.

>> Then swap pins A11 and D2.
>
>What does that do?  Both A11 and D2 are grounds - connected to ground
>inside the ECM.

On the 8746 the A11 is cts,tps,mat gnd while the D2 is the map gnd.
In the 7747 D2 is cts and tps gnd, and A11 is the map gnd.  Does this make a
difference?  I don't know.  I figured if Gm could have used one ground pin
they would have.
If this info is bad please let me know.  I'm not an EE.  :)

Brent