The Honda O2 sensor. Wide band module.

Marteney, Steven J. smarteney at xlvision.com
Fri Dec 1 14:31:30 GMT 2000

After the release of wideband I didn't know how much further it was going to
go.  My plan had been to build PCB and have some fabbed (cause I hates
soldering wires, buts likes soldering parts.)  So, if you guys are marching
forward with a board I might not get started on that.  However, I have a
side project that I have suspended cause I saw a common part of it that
could be used for the wideband, a small display.  All it is is a 4 digit
multiplexed 7-segment LED display driven by an HC11.  The display part of it
is done, today I'm connecting it to an existing HC11 board I have and
hopefully this weekend will burn the code for the display writes.  I'm using
an overkill version of the HC11, the E9, that has 8 5V A-D inputs and
thought this could be used to sample the wideband output (as well as that
virtual ground ref point), run through a look up table, and format the
values for display.  Also has the obligatory serial port so could be used
for data-logging the wideband to a PC at a nominal rate.

It's a work in progress, but when it's complete enough to distribute it's on
the table for the list.  If interested, let me know.

Steve