contribution: APFN, GM8746

Mark G. chevy89 at usa.net
Sat Dec 2 15:24:13 GMT 2000

Hi,

here's my contribution to the list:

APFN.Bin - Bin file from a stock 1228746 ECM, 305 TBI, Auto, Caprice Classic

GM8746.ZIP - A little bin editing program for the 1228746.

I had a hard time doing an ECU file for the common editing softwares (errors
and such). So I decided to write my own. Did it in 3 days. I wanted that could
be use rapidly to burn proms with my old 386 laptop. (It works on a DOS
environment). Bear in mind that I'm no ECM expert and that I used the
addresses someone give me. So, I haven't yet checked that all the addresses
are appropriate for the '8746 (is there a "sure" way to check this?). If
someone wishes to convert the config file into an ECU file format, contact me
and I'll describe how its set tup.

Thanks,

Mark G.
chevy89 at usa.net

a little contribution, from a little ECM man...;-)