Part 2: Reading Plugs, pistons, and valves (with Pics)

Marteney, Steven J. smarteney at xlvision.com
Mon Dec 4 14:21:56 GMT 2000

Ummm, not such a far fetched idea.  The only limiting factor is the fiber
bundle.  I don't know if one could get a cheap plastic bundle off the shelf,
nor how much it would be.  We have worked with a supplier to have some
custom bundles made here and the NRE was $100k+, but that was for an
application much different than your standard scope.  I'll look around and
see if there is any inexpensive suppliers.  The only other issue I would
have would be just the usefulness of it.  Getting that thing wrangled such
that is was pointing exactly at the spark plug with the right light at the
proper angle in focus............