7747 spark control questions

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Tue Dec 5 05:36:49 GMT 2000

Old thread, new issue. Tunercat just sent me an updated $42 .tdf file that
now includes a setting for initial spark advance. Had I had this file
earlier, I wouldn't have wasted a couple days trying to get the programmed
spark table to agree with a timing light. Everything was off by 10 degrees
(table said 10, timing light said 20). The $42 info file on their website was
incorrect about the main spark bias being the distributor's static setpoint
which is what got me off track. Shannen et al. stated the correct application
of the main spark bias and initial spark bias a while back, but it didn't
sink in until now. Anyway, Tunercat users may want to inquire about an
upgrade.  JW