Superchips question

ae2598 at wayne.edu ae2598 at wayne.edu
Tue Dec 5 20:23:05 GMT 2000

Interesting.  So the chip carrier is used like a "hardware key" of sorts.
They wouldn't be able to do anything like this with a C3 app. would they,
since the EPROM plugs right into the ECM mainboard?

Can I further assume that the BINs of aftermarket chips were read through
the ALDL, thereby revealing the correct code sequence?  Do all "major
brand" chip vendors implement some sort of this encryption?