tpi for an early jaguar

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 6 06:40:28 GMT 2000

I have a 71 Camaro that i put a TPI into.  to get the return line into my
take i took out the sending unit from tank.  I took it down to my radiator
shop & had him put into the sending unit the return line.  He had on hand
an old high pressure line for a power steering pump for an old Mercedes.
the end of that that goes over & under the motor to get to the steering
gear is pre bent SS tube.  it had a shape that was close to putting the
fuel @ the bottom of the tank (so as not to splash & create foam).  we cut
the rubber line off & used the sending unit in the "empty" position to
guess where the bottom of the tank was.  he popped a hole in the top of the
sending unit, braised in the tube & i took it home & stuck it in.  I used a
-6 or -8 AN fitting on the other end & plumed a short section to the return
line (that was the original feed line to the carb).  I had plumbed a 1/2"
line, for the previous application (drag racing), as the feed line, so it
all worked our perfect.

worked great for me.

Bob Wooten

--- Bob Wooten