DIS for GMECM

mta228 mta228 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 18:25:16 GMT 2000

    From what I gather of Shannen's reply, the difference between how the
ECM controls an HEI ignition and how it controls a DIS ignition, is simply a
matter of the timing advance curves used. Could one not just burn a new chip
using the original non-DIS bin but having the timing values from a DIS
capable ECM  substituted?  This could mean the difference of a over $500 on
my current project if were possible.  In my case, there were several ECM's
for the series of engine I am using, some used DIS (P4's), and some were
standard HEI (C3's).

MTA