TPI Runner Question

Todd Burkard toddburkard at pcmc.com
Wed Dec 6 21:23:31 GMT 2000

I can't remember the book I was reading (TPI Swappers guide I think) something on TPI's have to many to remember off hand which one. It stated that the Late TB can be used in place of the Early TB but the Early TB can't be used in place of the late ones without cutting a hole in the front of the plenum on the Late TPI's this should be the cutouts Bruce is talking about for the IAC. If you are switching to the Speed Density system from MAF you need to disconnect the 9th Injector or remove it and plug the hole in the intake and fuel rail or get Runners of a 89-92 I think was the years for the non-9th injector and plug the fuel rail.

If the runners you are bidding on are for the 89-92 systems and that is what you are putting them on (or a converted MAF to speed Density system) then you have nothing to worry about but if you want to put them on an older MAF system you will have to do a little converting to change it to speed Density.

Bruce if I got this backwards give me a swift kick in the rear or anyone else for that mater.

Todd