6.5L Diseasal PCM query.

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Thu Dec 7 12:16:48 GMT 2000

Ross Myers wrote:

> I had a quick looking inside a 95mdl 6.5L Diesel PCM today (16212488).
> Anyway, it had the 'normal' P6 type chipset (3 x 68pin I.C's), but the XTAL
> was a 12.5829MHz one. I've never seen a Delco use anything but a 8.388MHz
> one?, anybody else?.

I opened up an ABS controller the other day.  I think it had a funny
crystal - perhaps 12.5829MHz.  It had a chip similar to what's used in
the few ECMs where the MPU has onboard EEPROM - a 68 pin SMD chip inside
the square footprint of a bigger 68 pin throughhole mounted chip or daughterboard.

12.5829 == 8.388 * 1.5

> The Memcal was BNTK, if anybody wants a copy I'll upload it to the FTP.

Fire away!