TPI Runner Question

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Thu Dec 7 15:28:07 GMT 2000

In a message dated 12/06/2000 7:38:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
shannen at grolen.com writes:

<< Bottom line, don't ask the
 list, check your TB and plenum.  >>

Can you clarify this. I mean, I thought a lot of guys learned another subtle
difference between MAF and MAP TPI systems with this thread. Had I not asked,
we'd all still be unknowledgeable and wondering why our 1989 TPI systems
converted to MAP with 1992 runners wouldn't idle. I immediately recognized
that I needed the driver's side small tube, but other's may have not.
Notching the throttle body is the low risk solution I was looking for. I was
about to drill my upper plenum possibly rendering it useless since you never
know what lies underneath all that aluminum.