tpi for an early jaguar

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Sat Dec 9 04:44:09 GMT 2000

In a message dated 12/8/00 11:39:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
romans at starstream.net writes:

> DON'T use the vent lines for return!  They barely work as vents!
>  If you like driving a Molotov Cocktail go ahead.
>  I had problems just keeping the vent lines on as vents on my
>  74XJ12L!
>  Please figure something else out!  Like maybe pulling a set of
>  factory return lines of a later MY jag.
>  Mark

I used the vent line going back to the trunk, but I bypassed the rest.  If
you use the vent line that goes to the rear of the car and then use NEW line
from there to the vents in the tanks (only a few feet), you will be fine.
There is a second vent in the fuel fillers.  I believe these are the ones
that run to the interior of the car and give you that gas smell (the British
are brilliant, aren't they!?!).
Sorry I wasn't more detailed the first time.
Ted