tpi for an early jaguar

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 9 07:24:59 GMT 2000

Personally i would try blowing through the lines.  if they are not plugged
then don't worry about them.  if they are then get some tube on a roll &
replace it.  a simple vent on the tank is really all that is needed.  you
mentioned that there were existing lines that went up to/near the filler
neck.  if that is the case then there is your vent (provided you have the
proper cap for the tank).  some caps are vented & some are not.  it is
preferable not to have a vented cap (aka the vent is in the canister), so
that gas can not splash out.  i would imagine that this is probably not an
issue w/your filler caps on the top of the rear quarter (if i recall
right).  another option is to get the canister out of another car & mount
is somewhere confinement & then plumb the vent lines to it.  the canister
has charcoal in it.  charcoal does a great job of scrubbing hydrocarbons,
so it does not become an issue.

Bob Wooten

If

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org