Detonation 101

Todd Burkard toddburkard at pcmc.com
Tue Dec 12 16:34:05 GMT 2000

Last engine I saw like that was an Eagle Talon TSI Turbo charged little 2.2 and the ends of the Valves broke off in 3 of the 4 cylinders. Last time I let Napa Rebuild a head. They used the old Valves over that had hit the Pistons when the Timing belt blew. They must have never looked for cracks because when I pulled the heads of the valves out of the cylinders there was a few that you could see the fresh break and the crack that had been there.

Todd