Detonation 101

JTesta1966 at aol.com JTesta1966 at aol.com
Tue Dec 12 20:54:17 GMT 2000

OK, looking again it does look pretty overheated, note the scoring on the
cylinder wall. I'm thinking it overheated, a seat dropped, smacked off a
valve face and the rest is history. I also see a popped firing ring cyl 2
evidenced by the wormtrail so it was prolly pushed and/or limped too long.

Honda's arent interference motors (stock anyway) so I doubt this is from a
timing belt or other faulty cam/crank timing problems.