4L60E - was new bin

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 14 03:42:21 GMT 2000

if it is GM & overdrive the one source to goto is Bowtie overdrives.  they
only do GM overdrive tranny's.  they were exclusive to the 200R & 700R but
now do the E series as well.  i went to a local "pro" here & toasted the
tranny inside of 2 years, these guys fixed me up & have not had a lick of
problems since.  they ship anywhere & are a wealth of information.  give
them a ring.  for more information goto www.700r4.com (original huh).  the
700R4 & the 4L60 are similar only in that they are both 4 speed tranny's.
there are 3 series of 700R4's (A, B & C) the C is the only one to have.  it
had all the bugs worked out & are the most bullet proof.  had a B now a C &
a happy camper.  I have a stroker motor w/350 hp dyno'd @ the ground & lots
more torque where that came from.

Goto the source

BW