747 VSS Question

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Sat Dec 16 04:05:27 GMT 2000

The optical buffers I've seen are lime-green in color. They have
a three wire cable to the optical head. The edge card conn has
two sets of outputs, one for the ecm, the other for cruise.

Recently I grabbed a '747 out of a van that had a small black
box attached to the ecm mount. At first I thought it was a drac.
However, no jumpers and not too much inside. Now I'm thinking
it was maybe a magnetic buffer. Next time I run into one at the
yard, I'll check more closely for the pickup. An inline mag unit
that goes to this buffer would be handy.

And yes, I've kinda' wondered about that magnet generator
shown on the prints.

BobR.