o2 sensor location

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Sat Dec 16 19:11:11 GMT 2000

  Place primary O2 Sensor[s] as close to Exh Manifold Flange as practicable
or if  equipped
  with tube headers , place  in the " transition " where the 4
primaries  merge into 1.  O2
  switching response degrades the farther it's placed from exh heat
concentration. HO2s
  will reach and maintain the heat threshold quicker and promote CL
Quicker. HO2s [better].
   Len