vortec heads

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Dec 16 19:51:51 GMT 2000

I'll tell ya, since I can't get the GN to detonate (with what I call a
reasonalbe tune), next motor is gonna be a 9 or 9.2ish CR job (with barrier
coatings).....
The Regal has flat tops for 9.5 with a 56cc chamber (AL), and that is
another one that is another one that is real hard to detonate.

The GN has run 20d timing at 20 PSI of  boost on 92 Octane, and only once
did it tickle the K/S and that was on the 2-3 shift for 2d.  40#er
injectors.  I think the smooth chambers, and 195 operating temp with the
cooling system right are the big answers here.
Bruce