vortec heads

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Sat Dec 16 20:17:37 GMT 2000

One more thing that I have heard is very critical with SBCs is the clearance
between the top of the piston and the flat machined part of the head (I think
this is what they refer to as the 'squish' area).  This should be kept to a
minimum.  I have heard that putting in thick head gaskets to lower the
compression ratio will actually cause MORE detonation due to having increased
this clearence.
I probably got some of my terminology wrong, so somebody please straighten me
out!
Ted