'84 Vette Digital Dash

Mike Martone mmartone at pop800.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Dec 18 17:05:44 GMT 2000

The dash is a dual board design.. the top board handles all signal
conditioning and I/O to the ECM and sensors.. the lower board handles the
dash lights (where the problem lies in this application) and I/O to the
glass panel displays.... the first thing to do after you put on a static
strap (bruce is right about this)....remove the rear cover panel, unbolt the
top board from the bottom board... you will see a header strip in the top
right corner.. this is opposite the odometer which is at the top left of the
unit......i'm willing to put a six pack of beer on cold solder joints or
oxidation on this header.... the backlighting supply voltage is fed at this
location.....also.... you may want to replace all these bulbs while your at
it just to save the aggravation of having to disassemble the darned thing
twice... they're just twist lock bulb connectors so you may want to "brush
the landings" with a pencil eraser or a really soft wire brush.....

have fun,

another digital dashboard blockhead