vortec heads

Tim Welden twelden at evolving.com
Mon Dec 18 18:00:51 GMT 2000

Steve,

I'm running the "lots of work" tpi base :^)  I got tired of waiting for
scoggin dickey to come out with theirs so I machined & welded port
extensions and mounting surfaces to the stock base.  Then I ported & matched
to the heads /runners /plenum.  I did not redrill the heads for the old
mounting pattern as I'd heard many bad things in doing this.  Overall I'm
happy with the way they turned out but it's definitely a "project".

I also did away with all the EGR, I've thrown no error codes (which I'm
surprised at) and I'm a bit nervous about running lean at part throttle but
the couple of times I've pulled the plugs so far they were not showing lean.
I'm just approching 500mi point so I'll try a WOT run soon.  I really need
to hook a scanner up to begin looking at the tuning parameters.

-Tim-