EGR valve for SBC

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Thu Dec 21 23:08:54 GMT 2000

    Early to mid 80s Carb'd used neg B.P. Egr's. Many aftermarket EGR Valves
    have calibration  "washers" that insert in the pintle end that match
EGR flow
    to the engine profile, thus these valves are "tunable . The opening
rate can
    be an issue , sometimes it needs to be restricted as to slow the
opening rate
    to avoid a tip in stumble. BW and Standard have OE x ref #s, which may
help.
    Len