fuel pump pressure???

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Fri Dec 22 01:48:27 GMT 2000

Some vehicles in that year range had fuel tank baffle separation which
would cause the fuel pump strainer to be uncovered , causing fuel delivery
problems,
especially @ lower tank volumes. The condition would often lead to a fuel
pump failure as well , on a longer term basis. Hard acceleration off the
mark and
it falls on it's face , with the conditions you describe , sounds like a
ringer. There have been issues with the fuel senders associated with the
loose baffle as
well. Replaced a tank in the shop with this problem , although , someone
shouldn't have attempted to raise the truck with floor jack under the fuel
tank either!
Duh! We see many such problems in the hands of " Kitchen Magicians " .
Len