LT1 with boost.

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Wed Feb 2 02:52:18 GMT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Plummer <davepl at MICROSOFT.com>
To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>; <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 1:24 PM
Subject: RE: LT1 with boost.

> Two questions, then:
>
> 1) Why is an FMU required on a MAF car at all, then?  Shouldn't it just
see
> the amount of air going through and add the right amount of fuel
> "automagically"?

when the air hits 255 g/s to the MAF - it can't tell how much mass-air its
getting aboe that. it will be in open loop at that point, NOT using the o2.
the FMY fine tunes what the ECM can't see. an illustration would be using
30# of boost on a 500CI engine.. the MAF would see 255 at about 2400 rpm -
the RPM based fuel adder in the ECM would try to help byt the cal is
probably from a 350 engine and it will fall short.  mostly I guess FMU's are
for cars with no chip mods and major air / fuel mods like blower.

> 2) Are there MAF <-> FUEL tables anywhere in the PCM?  I've never seen
them
> in the '94/95 LT1 pcms.  Or is it just a formula?

ooh thats right - dont the PCM's calc the base inj-pw constantly?? help
again ;-}