Selectable chips & boost programming

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 24 23:25:14 GMT 2000

At 05:36 PM 2/24/00 -0500, you wrote:
>How do these chips that have 16 programs work?  I'd like to do that with a
>custom chip in my car.  Also, is it possible to use the speed density
>computer in my 93 Camaro to do fuel management under boost... i.e. re-map
>the spark and fuel tables to use BAR pressure instead of vacuum?  I'd like
>to go turbocharged this year, but I don't want a mess of spark retard
>boxes and an auxillary fuel system that raises fuel pressure sky high..

They use a single chip with 16 times the program space as the stock chip,
and the thumbwheel chip you select programs with toggles the extra address
lines to select each "bank" or program in the chip.
I made a 6 in 1 for a 93 GMC Jimmy back in 94.

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!