Selectable chips & boost programming

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 26 20:48:25 GMT 2000

At 11:09 AM 2/26/00 -0700, you wrote:
>David,
>
>Just got something from Fairchild SemiCond, and I'll try to decipher what
>this spec sheet shows. Whew...this is totally foreign territory to me.
>Looks like data address inputs are from A0 through A16. There's no info on
>what each pin corresponds to which address on the chip.  The additional
>address lines are A17-A19. Are these the ones you connected via switch ?

Yep.
With A17 low (I think that's active) the chip, when the ECM addresses it
with lines A0-A16 is reading the 2nd 32K block  with A18 low it's the 3rd,
A17 and A18 it's the 4th, A19 is the 5th, A19 and A17 is the 6th, A19 & A18
is the 7th, A17, A18 & A19 is the 8th 32K block.

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!