Engine swap computer & wiring question

Todd Israels israels at mnsi.net
Fri Jul 14 17:25:08 GMT 2000

At 07:14 PM 7/12/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I haven't figured out how that transmission is any different than the
>Getrags used with the 3.1s - other than the clutch.  Was it beefed up for
>the 3.4 DOHC?
>
>Jeremy
>

>>         When the Z34 Lumina used the 3400 Twin cam that engine was also
>>used in the Grand Prix and there was an option for a 5 speed stick but it
>>was not very popular and is hard to find(next to impossible).  As far as I
>>know the strongest manual transaxel GM made.
>>
>>                 Todd Israels

         The above information cam from a mechanic who works for
ACE(American Custom Engineering)
at a Fiero get  together in Pontiac MI.  The defences are supposedly
thicker castings and tougher gears
and or syncros.   This results in a higher torque rating for the
transaxel.   Anyone have any more detailed info
on this transaxel?
                         Todd Israels