Dizzy to Coil pack

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Jul 17 13:13:58 GMT 2000

> I was just considering some options, and have decided that i would liek to
> lose my dizzy on my car. I am running a 1227808/165 on a mini engine(4cyl)
> and would really like to convert the reluctor dizzy, to crank hall effect.
> was wondering if anyone had done anything like this, and what
modifications
> i would need to complete this conversion.

It's no where near as easy as it appears.
The R type Dissy's have a *built in* amount of advance, since it is a A/C
generator the v goes up with shaft speed, Halls don't do that.
The DISs use a different code for accounting for that, as I understand it.
You'd be miles ahead to switch over to a oem configuration then invent your
own.
Some of the USA DIS use a 7 notch disc on the crank, with a reluctor type
pickup, they would seem easiest to mimic.  But, I'm not too clear on what
the ozzie market has
Grumpy