Engine swap computer & wiring question

Tim De Coster craz1 at softhome.net
Wed Jul 19 19:52:45 GMT 2000

Hey Shanen, it's good to hear from you again.. it's been a while.  I'm glad
I didn't buy the EPROM from the '91 Z for no reason.. but to use it I would
have to get the ECM too... and decide on the 3400.  Not sure what to do here
yet.

Like you pointed out, SFI doesn't do much for performance, so I don't care
much about that anyway.

You scare me a little when you say I need to get big time into programming
this thing.  I really have no experience in doing this.  I don't really
think that using the 2.8/3.1 intake, etc. will be a good thing to do either.
That's really all that separates a 3100 from the 3.1, and thus more HP, of
course the CR is thrown into the mix too.  I already have bought a shop
manual for the '88 Sunbird, and for a '88 Cimarron for in case I go that
route.  Plus the ones for my '89 Z, and '88 Z electrical, so I have enough
resources to get started at least.. now I just need the time.

Wow, I didn't realize you had a '88 Sunbird 2.0 conv. too!  Did you get that
in the last year or so?  I just started driving mine again last week... new
paint... CLOTH roof (no vinyl for me anymore).. and best of all... a rear
glass window!

Tim De Coster
'89 Z24 Conv.
'88 Sunbird GT Conv.