TPI '165 pulling timing after Cold start

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Jul 21 18:31:39 GMT 2000

Might very well be the problem
I hate even mentioning the 32 ID stuff since there are so many variations,
but on the one I looked at 022C is the code 43 enable tmp try setting it
down to 135 (d),  on the 6E I looked at it's at 0237 and again try a value
of 135, that will drop the enable temp down to about 140dF.  That way you'll
know when there is a problem (well at least one self test will tell ya
about).
Grumpy

> About 190 deg....
>
> Thanks
> Gabe
>
> Bruce Plecan wrote:
>
> > Then there is still something odd, that the self diagnostics doesn't
catch
> > it when you disconnect it.  What temp are you runnning the motor at?
> > Grumpy
> >
> > > Anyone got a copy of APYM?  I believe someone said that was one of the
> > latest
> > > 305 auto bin's out there.  I've checked the FTP and Mike Davis's page,
and
> > > haven't found it at either, really haven't found an '89 305 auto
> > calibration
> > > floating around at all...
> > >
> > > BTW, I reconnected the Knock sensor - same results.  I checked the
knock
> > count
> > > and it will increase with the sensor hooked up and will not without,
so I
> > assume
> > > the circuit to be functional.
> > > Gabe