more details sbc in place of lt1

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Wed Jul 26 01:12:48 GMT 2000

    Yes the OptiSpark is no more , the HiRes remains in VCM using CKP signal.
    Look how many parts have been eliminated , the CNP  IGN Sys is another
    story in itself.  The "OLD" Lt1 Opti Spark  reminds one of OPTICAL ENCODERS
    used in "position sensing " from printers to robotics. Wasn't a NEW
IDEA , just
    new to an Engine. It really lost out to the "Bean Counters", and space
limits,
    as did the reverse cooling system . The General uses pieces of a larger
    whole , scattered around among platforms as part of a bigger picture coming
   at us later down stream. FYI , parts of OBD2 code have been with us for
years
    in all those different vehicle controllers, like it or not. Now it's
all in one PLACE,
  with it's own protocol, which is going to change again , soon. Look at an LS1
  block design , gee like it's not been here B4 , combine FE Ford and Chrysler
   "B" wedge design elements. What's New ??  Anything ?
   Oh . if you're doing fuel/ timing "right" you look @ 2, 360 d  [ I-E ]
Cycles.
   sequential. Now its INTERNAL VCM /Not external Opti Spark. You know
  they [GM] will try something else in short time , keeps us on Merry Go Round.
  They're running No Cam / No Starter engines in the lab NOW. Cams'  on a CD.
  { ElecroHydraulic Vave Actuators from Aero Space  work .}   History ?
  Len.