hotter plugs on hopped rebuild

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Sat Jul 29 14:53:22 GMT 2000

   If your'e into worrying about heat range , stick with the 43s , want to
open gap to let's say
  .045 , use 2x platinums to minimize erosion, spiral core wire set helps
deliver more of the
  spark that's been generated ,to the plug as well. If you want to get
serious about Engine
  tuning , get into "reading" the spark plug color and watch for pepper on
the insulator.
  Defaulting to O2 mv readings as a tuning tool can get you into trouble
post haste.
  The art of reading plugs is the ONLY way to ascertain what's going on in the
  combustion chamber, a dead plug beat's detonation,  hands down.
  Smokey Yunick once said , "If some one wins a race with a pile of dog
crap on their
  hood , next week , everyone will have dog crap on their hoods." quote ,
unquote.
    Len