Memcal needed

Dan Kunnath dank at noonetime.com
Fri Jun 9 18:23:03 GMT 2000

	Ok gents,

	I figure that pimping around for memcals isn't the best use of this
bandwidth, but I'm in a bind because I have a nice bad one and none of the
dealerships in the area have 'em in stock.  I got a 91 Camaro Z28 with
California emissions, original issue, in the car now and it is just
ridiculous the amount of hot stalling the thing is doing on
deceleration.  Replaced a bad IAC valve yesterday, and while it did lots of
good, the stalling is still happening during hot deceleration.  Also got a
nagging code 43 (EST / Knock Sensor error).  All the TSBs I could find on
the subject say that there were recalibrated chips introduced (at least 6
says Mr. Plecan).  I ran the tests on the knock sensor, through the
flowcharts with a scan tool, and I'm in no way convinced that I can rule
out the memcal...

	So, now, while I can't even order one until Monday, is there any
possibility that someone out there has one I could "borrow"?  I don't have
enough info for the correct prom ids (looked in the archives), but this is
the makeup:

	1991 Camaro Z28, 5.0TPI "F" (LB9), A4 Auto (MD8), 2.73 Rear (GU2),
245/50ZR16 Tire Pkg (QLC)
	GM dealer had it under part # 16163075.

	Anyone willing to lend a hand or a suggestion?

	Thanks,

	DK