Changing 165 fuel delivery

Romans, Mark romans at starstream.net
Fri Jun 16 02:37:12 GMT 2000

The MAF calibration is affected by
1) cutting out the screens.
2) cutting out the heat sinks
3) modifying air filter housings

I had BL at 140-150 at idle and 115 at cruse.  So I put the injector
constant back to stock  (I had put in 19 lb injector constant on 23 lb
injectors).
I looked at BL and added the correction the ecm was making % wise to the maf
calibration.  It seemed to be off about 10% in the below 15 grams/sec range.
I raised all the settings by 10% and the BL came into line at idle.  BL was
fine at higher maf readings.
The maf will flow 750 cfm at 28" of water.  (Actually a bit more) but the
software only reads to 255 grams/sec so it is in effect an Alpha N system
once the maf maxes out. I max out the maf at about 4700 rpms with my 355.

Mike I'm thinking about converting to a 730 too.

Mark