Dead EPROM programmer

Steven Ciciora ciciora at Ciciora.com
Thu Jun 22 13:51:03 GMT 2000

Ludis,

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Ludis Langens wrote:

> My EPROM programmer appears to have died.  :-(  Addresses which have a
<snip>
> bigger brother.  I'll probably check the local electronics surplus
> houses for an old bulletproof DataIO.  Another possibility is the
<snip>

I have an old Data I/O (model 29? I forget), 25 pin serial
port, 2 x
16 LCD display, and hex keypad.  No software or documentation.  I bought
it for $20, thinking that if I can get it up and working, there won't be
any shortage of new people on the list that I could lend or give it to
(I'm always on the lookout for cheap programmers for this purpose).
Anyway, after I get the correct model #, and if you can get software for
it (or figure out how to talk to it over the serial port), you are welcome
to it, in exchange for all of your contributions you have alreay made to
the efi community.  Oh, runs off of 110VAC, I think it has an 8085 in it,
and from memory, 32k of ram.  Oh, it can identify eproms, too.  I'll write
a note on my had to dig it out tonight.
- Steven Ciciora