Mods to '85 GM TPI ECM

Jim and Sharon Brady bradyiii at shore.intercom.net
Sun Jun 25 21:15:14 GMT 2000

Mark,
    You need permission from the one who has papers on you(wife) too?  Sure
makes working on the car more difficult doesn't it?  I'm lucky I got my
stroker/trans built and running in the couple months it took.  Looks like
I'll be studying for the 730 swap.  In the meantime I want play with what I
got for awhile.  It appears I can make this work for my current setup.  But
if/when I go with a supercharger I will definately need the 730/MAP.  I say
if because of the cost of a supercharger and when because this motor was
built for it: 9.25:1 compression(Al heads), forged pistons, 4 bolt
mains...etc.

Jim Brady
'87 Monte SS 383 TPI 6 speed

> Check out Ludis's site.  http://www.cruzers.com/~ludis/
> Print out the P4 section and it gives you  a lot of good info on where to
> find certain ecm's.
> 730's don't use maf's they use map and are speed density so no relay is
> needed.
> GMe is "GM Editor" and Terry Kelley writes it.  I really like it.  It
allows
> some really neat stuff to be done.
> Diacom is a diagnostic tool, it uses an interface from a laptop computer
and
> allows data to be recorded so you can tune your vehicle, other wise it's
> just a guess.
>
> Mike Rolica has been great about sharing onfo on the 165 to 730 swap.
> I am planning on starting the change on mine soon.  (When my wife lets
me!)
> Mark

Diacom.