Miss under pressure....

Len Sabatine sabatine at epix.net
Wed Jun 28 13:34:06 GMT 2000

   Had similar problem on a TBI 5.7 Truck , Intake gasket leak, Removed
"Blue" Gaskets,
   Installed a fresh set  of "  Gray " OEM intake gaskets , miss and
"shakes" went away.
   I would think the lack of valve spring seat pressure is problematic .
For GP s , I'd
   do a Leak down test , maybe GM forgot to  qualify valve seating. Never
know with
   box parts these days. Also ,  Fattening up is helping , so I
I'd  suspect air leak . One
   last thing , Maybe double check lifter pre load  adjustment  as well.

   Len