intake robbery - was Re: Tailpipe Probing of EGO

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Jun 29 21:16:28 GMT 2000

Tell ya what thou, work on some Individual runner motors, with indexed
plugs, and you'll see how miserable the distribution is on anything else.
When at 125+ HP per Litter, it gets staggering.  Plugs should look
identical, not close, when perfect.  All this stagger jetting crazy rocker
arm ratio mixing is all crutches.  Even if you can adjust the pulse width
per cylinder, if not IR, the airflow (in cylinder turbulence) is still
different cyl to cyl...
   It's like the SBC problem of 5+7 cross firing and charge (AF)
distribution *problems*, ya in the high HP areas, OK, but then since it
effects 700 HP race engines, the *Tech Writers* in mags will lead you to
beleive it a street engine problem too.  Course their *sponsored* by
advertizers of products that cure the alleged problem.
   Over analysing a situation is worse then just curing the problem.
   Cause it can lead you off on meaningless tangents
Grumpy