Edge board scanners

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Mon Jun 5 12:02:43 GMT 2000

>Without suggesting that "edge board scanning" isn't a really great way to
>do it, remember that the ALDL port can pump out about 800 bytes a second.
>At 18 frames a second, that's maybe 50 bytes per frame (assuming some
header
>overhead). With the right instructions on your ECM, and cutting that back
>say 10 bytes per frame, that's say - 60-70 frames a second.

For the more cluey Delco hardware/firmware guys, is it possible to change
the baud rate in/out of the ECM? the P6,P66 type CPU's I assume could talk
quicker than 8192 (the Motorola HC11 docs certainly suggest so), so if the
baud rate was bumped up and the P.C software changed accordingly would this
work?

Ross Myers