4L60E Trans controller

Greg Hermann bearbvd at cmn.net
Fri Mar 10 18:29:29 GMT 2000

>Sorry, I didn't see your other questions-
>
>The other driveability issues I refer to include shift overlap, part
>throttle shift, and an option to engage overdrive between gears, if you'd
>like to use it as a gear splitter. A connection is also included that would
>permit paddle-type shifters to bang through all 6 possible gear ranges
>(that's 3 gears plus overdrive after each).

THIS is a truly interesting option--and thinking about it, strikes me that
it could probably also apply to E4OD and RE46 trannies--as in let's all
help put Gear Vendors out of business.--(And I happen to think GV deserves
exactly that both for not using the larger Jag size Laycock OD unit instead
of the smaller (Volvo) one for their stuff, and also for not making
adapters for putting their units in between trannies and transfer cases!!)
This approach might be particularly applicable if one ran blue plate
special  clutches in the OD unit, raised the line pressure appropriately,
etc.--so as not to froy the OD clutch in the split gears.

But--I would also bet that Grumps and/or several others here present might
well be able to write code for a diesel TCU that would do the same thing!
No matter how sweet their options are, Speed Pro is guilty of skimming on
the price for their tcu, just as they are on the Speed Pro WBO2 stuff.

Mebbe if print and advertising were cheaper, they could charge less though! :-)

Regards, Greg