My turn for a conversion

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Fri Mar 17 21:02:35 GMT 2000

> I just ripped a 305 TPI

amended to read TBI

setup off an 89 Camaro. 1228746 ECM. 2732 looking
> prom

The reason is that it is a 2732A, just like in your 148.

(didnt remove the label to get the #'s off it) 86ANTT calibration. My
> question: This car was equipped with VATS, is the flag to turn on the fuel
> pump in the prom? or in ROM, meaning this ECM wont be any good for me?

Just exchange it for a 747, and be done with the fooling around.  The 747 is
toally hac'd, and editors available for it.  The sacrifice is no IAT sensor.
My 747 TBI ran fine, with out it, and 87-91 gm pickups did also..  747 no
Vats, Bats, or dingbats.
I have 0 info., about if the 746 uses the vats.

  Course, the FBI shows up at CSH, HQ when I write too much about blowing up
747s.

 I also
> have the complete harness (I did cut it where it goes theru the driver
side
> firewall...I'm gonna strip out the power (alternator) crap anyway. Hope I
> didnt bite off more than I cared to chew.

I think that is a common ailment of list members here <<g>> (ie we all
think, oh, just a little tuning here, and there, then 2 years later, hmm I
need a new car, and it starts over).   Like your done tuning the T
right?....

This car is my beater....dont need
> it down for a month. The mechanical swap will take 20 mins...but the
rewire
> and subsequent recalibration will probably take me time. Think this cal
will
> be a drop in? Its going from a 305 camaro to a 305 Monte, if it runs ok
the
> way it is, it'll give me time to play, vs having to get the cal right B4
> turning it over..

If the 350 is stock, just get a Throttle body off of a 87-91 gm Pickup 350,
use a oem 350 auto/stick calibration, and, go for it.

> Anyone have any insight?

Into what?.
Grumpy