TBI vs Port Injected

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 22 15:35:21 GMT 2000

At 09:54 AM 3/22/2000, you wrote:

>This is a very interesting concept, which I will probably try.  My only
>question is that, if I do this with a stock 4.3 TBI manifold am I starting
>with a sows ear?  My guess is that I am.  This manifold is a single plane
>manifold with virtually no runners to the center cylinders and long
>convoluted runners to the front and back cylinders.  The most compelling
>reason for converting to CPI may be to get a decent staring point for
>manifold design.

The CPI seems like a good manifold.
I had a 93 Jimmy, 3.23 gears, 4L60E trans and 200HP 4.3L CPI (Only
model/year available with 200HP... all others were 190-195)
I added a K&N air filter, 180 thermostat, Premier Performance 6 in 1 chip,
3" cat back exhaust and Edelbrock headers.
Best 1/4 mile time was 13.97@ 95 MPH.  I had a set of 295-50-15 BFG Radial
T/A's on the rear and could light them just by romping the go pedal from a
stop... no power brake required, and at WOT it would roast them on the 1-2
shift and get a good LONG chirp on the 2-3 shift at 70 MPH.  Not sure what
it weighed, but it was a 2 door and I weigh 275-280.  I also got 25 MPG on
the highway.

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!