Virus Warning

Mike Frels frels at rosharon.camco.slb.com
Thu May 4 20:35:32 GMT 2000

At 03:06 PM 5/4/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I don't like sending this stuff to the list but this one is a nasty virus.
>
>This Virus was started this morning and IS REAL I know because someone at
>the company got it and his computer is now junk (in IT getting rebuilt)
>and a friend of mine just off the wall warned me about it because one of
>her clients got it.
>
>This is what was sent to us at work:
>
>If you receive a message with the subject of ILOVEYOU delete the message
>immediately.  This has been confirmed as a virus from Symantec.  Symantec
>is working on fix at the present time which we'll distribute as soon as
>possible.  If you've already received the above message and opened it
>either close down Groupwise or at the very minimum do not send any further
>email.  Please call the Help Desk at 6999 and let them know.  We'll fix
>your system as soon as a fix is released.

This virus is real. It has so far today trashed 10 PCs and infected a
server here where I work. Not every mail utility activates it. All of the
victims here were using Outlook for their mail. I use Eudora by Qualcomm
and am unaffected. I just had to make sure I deleted the file that came
across as an attachment.

for more info on the virus see article below
http://www.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/05/04/computer.lovebug.ap/index.html

Mike