Quad4 Update (off topic)

Rex Weatherford rex.weatherford at mentisys.com
Mon May 8 18:00:20 GMT 2000

I just wanted to relay some information from this weekend.

Thanks to everyone during my Spark Plugs questions.  I didn't get to
borrow a Diacom so I still don't have a clue if I am running lean or
rich, but from the old plugs and the feedback I got, it looks like I am
running lean.

Someday I've got to get an old laptop and monitor all this wonderful
data the GMECM can give me!

This is my personal best:
http://www.beretta.net/fast_lane/movies/drag/rex_5_5_00_a.rm

The car weighed 2800 lbs with me in it!  These cars are HEAVY!  Barry's
Z24 weighed less than my car with only the trunk items removed...  I was
a little disappointed in that.  ;)

The best run was done with the headlight out, intake hose turned up near
the front of the battery, no filter, iced intake, no A/C and alternator
belt, trunk items removed, seats removed and less than a 1/4 tank of
gas.  If you listen to the video you can hear me pedaling the gas trying
to get the tires to hook up in 1st!  I also learned on the last run of
the night that a Centerforce DF clutch can NOT hold up to a 2nd gear
burn out!  I had smoke coming out the front of the car and out of my
steering column...  Man did that thing stink!  If you want a high
performance clutch for a FWD GM, look into Clutch Masters.  Centerforce
Sucks!  (wish people had told me this BEFORE I ordered mine...)  :(

Here are the #'s.....

R/T             0.691
60'             2.130
330'            6.149
1/8             9.494
1/8 MPH         73.81
1000'           12.352
1/4             14.807
1/4 MPH         91.79

This was the best run of Barry's that we got on tape... He did run a
15.8 later in the night.
http://www.beretta.net/fast_lane/movies/drag/barry_5_5_00_a.rm

That is VERY good for that Z24!

Here are the rest of the videos.